INFORMATION LETTER 1
The Institute of Asian and African Studies of Lomonosov Moscow State University
in cooperation with the State Museum of Oriental Art (Moscow, Russia),
Saint Petersburg State University (Saint Petersburg, Russia), the Alisher Navo’i Tashkent State University of Uzbek Language and Literature (Tashkent, Uzbekistan) and the Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages (Samarkand, Uzbekistan)
hereby invites you to participate in an international scientific and practical conference "The Intellectual Legacy of Zahiriddin Muhammad Babur and Modernity”, devoted to the prominent statesman, general, poet of the Medieval Orient and founder of the Mughal Empire (Baburid empire), Zahiriddin Muhammad Babur.
The conference will be held on February28, 2020 at 11:00 in the State Museum of Oriental Art: 12A Nikitsky Bulvar, Moscow.
The conference will discuss a wide range of issues relating to various aspects of Babur’s activities, including his political, literary and philosophical legacy, and the influence of Turkic- Muslim culture on the social thinking, spiritual values and ideological foundations of the peoples of Central and Southern Asia.
In addition, there will be an exhibition of the unique XVI century manuscript “Babur- name” together with the famous miniatures from the collection of the State Museum of Oriental Art. The event will be widely covered by the media and will be attended by leading scholars and researchers from Russia, Uzbekistan and India, as well as representatives of the diplomatic corps in Moscow.
The main goal of the conference is to develop interdisciplinary approaches to understanding and describing Babur’s political and intellectual activities in the context of today’s anthropocentric paradigm of humanitarian knowledge.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Historical Legacy: “War and Peace in the Medieval Orient”.
- The Literary and Scientific Legacy of Babur.
- New Reading of Babur (Youth Session).
Please send abstracts of your presentations by February 1, 2020 to: email@example.com
11.00-12.30 Opening ceremony and plenary session
12.30-13.00 Visit to the exhibition of “Babur-name” miniatures in the State Museum of Oriental Art
13.00-14.00 Coffee break
14.00-16.30 Conference papers
17.00-18.00 Conclusion of the conference, including performances by students
Conference Organizing Committee
- Abylgaziev I.I., Chairman of the Organizing Committee, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Acting Director of the IAAS, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Sirozhiddinov Sh.S., Doctor of Philology, Professor, Rector of the Alisher Navo’i Tashkent State University of Uzbek Language and Literature.
- Tukhtasinov I.M., Doctor of Philology, Rector of the Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages.
- Syzdykova Zh.S., Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Central Asia and the Caucasus, IAAS, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Zhigulskaya D.V., Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Central Asia and the Caucasus, IAAS, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Karaev T.M., Doctor of Philosophy. Professor of the Faculty of Philosophy, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Koraev T.K., Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor of Central Asian Countries and Caucasus, Institute of Asia and Africa, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- Vasilyev D.D., Candidate of Historical Sciences, Head of the Department of Oriental History, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Telitsin N.N., Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Turkic Philology of the Oriental Faculty, St. Petersburg State University.
- Zaitsev I.V., Doctor of Historical Sciences, Deputy General Director of the State Museum of Oriental Art.
Zhigulskaya D.V. firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +7 967 978 3482
A COLLECTION OF ARTICLES based on the conference proceedings will be published:
- Last day of submission of articles for publication: 31.03.2020
- Articles should be sent to: email@example.com