Uzbek language and literature Faculty
Dean: Raupova Laylo Rakhimovna
Phone: +99890 961 9484
Doctor of Philology
Office time: From 9.00 to 17.30
Deputy Dean for spiritual and educational affairs:
Norquziyev Jamshid Sherpulatovich
Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs:
Rustamov Doniyorbek Avazbekovich
The department trains specialists of Uzbek language and literature in following directions:
- 5111200 – Uzbek language and literature
- 5А 111201 – Uzbek language and literature (Uzbek literature)
The department of Uzbek language and literature was founded in 1935 at Tashkent State Pedagogical Institute named after Nizami (current TSPU). First, it was named as “Uzbek language and literature” department (1850), later “History-Philology department”, and from 1968, it has been called “Philology” department. “Uzbek and Kazakh Philology” and “Russian and Tatar Philology” departments were established based on it in 1976.
From the day it was founded, the specialists of Uzbek language and literature, Russian language and literature, Kazakh language and literature (1871), the Tatar language and literature (1968), Russian language for national schools (1971) and Uzbek language for Russian schools (1972-1981) have been trained.
Eloquent linguists, literary scholars and oriental linguists, such as O.Sharafiddinov, Maksud Shayhzoda, Utkir Rashid, G.Abdurahmonov, M.Askarova, N.Mallaev, S.Usmonov, M.Bekbergenov, H.Sulaymon, A.Shermatov, A.Bobokhonov, T.Aydarov, T.Boboyev worked at different chairs of the department since the day it was established. Prominent writers, scholars and journalists of the country have been trained at the department. Holders of governmental and republican awards – Hamid Gulom, Shuhrat, Mamarasul Boboyev, Mirmuhsin, Shukrullo, Zulfiya, Pulat Mumin, Vosit Sadulla, Zafar Diyor, Said Ahmad, Hakim Nazir, Turob Tula, Uktam Usmonov, Khayriddin Saloh, Yusuf Shomansur, Nizom Komil and more than 40 writers and poets are graduates of it.
According to the Presidential decree № 4797 of the first President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on May 13, 2016, “On establishment of Tashkent State University of Uzbek language and literature named after Alisher Navo’i”, the faculty was added to the constitution of newly established university and renamed as “Department of teaching Uzbek language and literature”.
Priorities of the faculty:
- Training highly qualified specialists who perfectly possess the knowledge of Uzbek language and literature and its peculiarities, as well as modern educational technologies;
- Upbringing the students in the spirit of love and loyalty to motherland, who respects universal traditions, have broad horizon, think independently and possess high spirituality making use of broad opportunities of the Uzbek language and literature;
- Investigating new and effective methods of teaching Uzbek language and literature at schools, academic lyceums, colleges and higher education institutions, broadly implementing advanced pedagogical technologies.
For the time being, the department comprises five chairs. About 40 professor-teachers, six of whom are doctors of sciences, professors, 11 candidates of sciences and associate professors are successfully carrying out their duties.
- Uzbek language and literature teaching methods
- Information and modern pedagogical technologies
- Department of lexicography and dialectology
Establishing scientific researches in scientific schools of the university and productivity of its function
Today, the descendants of scientific schools of Doctor of Philological Sciences, Professor M. Asqarova, Professor S. Ashirboyev, and Professor N. Makhmudov are continuing their activity.
Implementing foreign experiences in teaching Uzbek literature, making use of new and modern information technologies, establishing international scientific-practical projects with professional methodologist professor-teachers of the most developed countries on the globe, establishing international seminars and putting into practice constant cooperation in this direction; personnels of the specialities below are trained at the chair.
The issues of performing modern information technologies in teaching Uzbek language and literature are being studied. New projects for teaching are being made.
- Inheritance in scientific schools and their international recognition; systematic approach to the departments’ activity; the methods of organizing researches.
Professor A. Erkinov and a candidate of science Z. Mirzayeva, the members of the chair of teaching Uzbek literature methodology department are currently contributing to the implementation of foreign countries’ experience.
The availability of scientific laboratories, their state and provision
The procedure of designing psychological diagnostic laboratories under the department chairs is being resolved.
Sectorial and academic scientific-research centres, setting up scientific researches on the system of different organizations.
Faculty RTM is carrying out scientific researches in close corporation with “Akademnashr”. “Chulpon”, “Tamaddun”, publishing houses, “Marifat”, “O‘zbekiston adabiyoti va san'ati”, “Kitob dunyosi” gazetalari, “Sharq yulduzi”, “O‘zbek tili va adabiyoti”, “Til va adabiyot ta’limi” journals.
Methods of implementing researches
- Scientific seminars
- Scientific-practical conferences
- Science clubs